CAN-FD products are the next big thing in the electronics industry. They offer many benefits over traditional CAN products, and more and more businesses are starting to switch over to them. In this blog post, we will discuss what CAN-FD products are and how they can benefit you. Read on.
What are CAN-FD products?
CAN-FD products come in two types: CAN and CAN FD. CAN-FD products are a new type of CAN product that offers many benefits over traditional CAN products.
CAN-FD is the more advanced version of CAN, as it offers greater data rates and longer cable lengths than traditional CAN. It also uses less power than traditional CAN products do. This makes them ideal for applications that require high speeds and large amounts of data.
CAN-FD vs. Traditional CAN Products
So how exactly does a CAN product compare to a traditional one? There are many differences between them as aforementioned, but there are some key ones that make a huge difference when choosing which type of product you want to use in your business or home office environment. The most obvious advantage is speed; while both offer similar speeds at low baud rates (which means they can transmit information over long distances), only one has been tested at high baud rates by multiple companies.
How can CAN-FD products benefit me?
CAN-FD products are ideal for businesses and home offices, as they offer many benefits over traditional CAN products. CAN-FD offers faster data rates(up to 50% faster) than CAN, which means you will be able to transfer files quickly between PCs and other devices without having to wait long periods of time. CAN-FD also uses less power than CAN does, making it more energy-efficient. This means your business or office can save money on electricity bills.
Application areas for CAN-FD
CAN-FD products can be used in various applications, including;
- Electric vehicles- CAN-FD is ideal for electric vehicles as it can support high data rates and long distances. It helps reduce battery consumption while providing more power to the vehicle’s motors.
- Industrial Automation – CAN-FD is great for industrial automation because of its high speed and low energy consumption, which means you won’t need any additional cooling systems in your factory or workshop if you want to use CAN-FD products there instead of traditional CAN ones
- Automobile Manufacturing – With its ability to transmit large amounts of data at a high baud rate over long cables, CAN FD makes it possible for automobile manufacturers to create smaller cars yet still have all the features people expect from modern vehicles, such as GPS navigation systems.
- Robotics- CAN-FD is also used in robotics because it transmits large amounts of data at once. This, in turn, means robots can be built with more sensors and other devices that need to communicate with each other.
- Aerospace – CAN-FD is great for aerospace because of its ability to transmit large amounts of data at a high baud rate over long cables.