How To Select The Perfect Domain Name For Your Website? Find Here!
Thanks to affordable hosting plans and detailed guides, launching a website isn’t a complicated affair anymore. Before you consider other things like the hosting plan or the need for a website designer, the first aspect that needs attention is the domain name. This is the URL of your website – something that people will remember and type when they look up for your portal or brand. To set up a website, you have to take a call on the domain name, and often, website owners make a mistake here by opting for a random choice. In this post, we will talk about what it takes to select the perfect domain name for your website.
1. Think simple. Your website doesn’t need a complicated name – period. For example, a domain like cookyourfood.com is much easier to remember than pitterpattercookingideas.com. keep things simple, so that typing and remembering the name doesn’t become a chore for your core audience.
2. Go global. The extension of your domain name – like .com, .org, .info – does make a difference. You might be a local business, but having global presence is extremely important and essential. Typically, .com websites cost the most, but if you are launching a website, it is better to pay for the other extensions, so that someone else doesn’t use it.
3. Focus on your business. Depending on the purpose of your website, using the name of your company in the domain is a good idea, as long as the name isn’t too long to remember. The idea is to bring attention, and while the use of keywords is not uncommon at all, you don’t want the URL to be too vague or generic.
4. Don’t miss local aspects. If yours is a company that sells glass windows in Phoenix, you don’t want the name to sound like a business located in Australia. When the audience is local, it is better to stick to the local yardstick and locations, if possible, without being too nonspecific.
5. Do your homework. Eventually, you wouldn’t be changing the domain name of your website, and therefore, consider what you want to achieve with the portal. It is more than important that you think of the long-term impact of the choice and select something that’s easy to promote, as well.
Check online now to find the names that are available and makes sense for your business, even if that means paying a little more.